OUR ENVIRONMENTAL VISION
The introduction of nitrile technology has become a revolutionary contribution to the the world’s safety, offering a viable alternative to latex sensitive individuals, while providing uncompromising protection to the user. It could very well be that nitrile will eventually replace latex gloves in the glove industry. However, with the rapid growth of the human population, our world advances into the core of the 21st Century, faced with the problem of nearly overfilled landfills. We can expect the amount of trash in our landfills to increase proportionally to our current global population, with approximately 300 billion disposable gloves are used and discarded each year in the United States.
To minimize the impact of nitrile gloves on our environment, UNISEAL® offers the BIO-NIT® Biodegradable Nitrile Examination Gloves, the world’s first end-of-life solution to nitrile gloves. Join us today and embark on the journey to begin your first step in the green initiative and contribute to the conservation of the environment.
The smart process that makes the difference to our world.
Inside the Factory
Layers of organic additives are added to the nitrile glove which acts as a “food source” to microbes found within the landfills.
Our examination nitrile gloves are used for a wide range of purposes, ranging from procedural medical use to every day industrial and general protection. BIO-NIT technology promises durable gloves that will not compromise safety during performance.
Subsequent to the glove’s usage, the gloves are are disposed in landfills and attract microorganism that consume the gloves.
Into The Landfill
After an accumulated period of time, the BIO-NIT technology begins to take in effect. By 331 days, 85% of the glove is broken down into natural gases and nitrous soils, reducing the total volume of the BIO-NIT glove from 100% to < 6%.
VALIDATED DEGRADATION RATES
- To determine the degree and rate of anaerobic biodegradation of material in accelerated landfill conditions. This is a long term test that replicates the landfill environment of low hear, high pressure, limited oxygen, no light and low moisture.
- Results indicate that 30% of the gloves biodegraded over a course of 202 days (30 times faster compared to conventional nitrile gloves).
- To determine the degree and rate of anaerobic biodegradation of materials in high-solidsanaerobic-digestion conditions, which replicates the anaerobic digested or landfill bioreactor environment.
- Results indicate that 85% of the gloves biodegraded over a course of 331 days (85 times faster than conventional nitrile gloves)
*Based on a real-time study, as per the FDA 510k submission and approval.
SAFE GLOVES FOR CONSCIOUS USERS
BIO-NIT® gloves have passed numerous tests based on the ISO, U.S. FDA and Japan’s Food Sanitation Standards.
Primary Skin Irritation
Dermal Sensitization Study
21 CFR 177.2600
Japan Sanitation Law
Non-Cytotoxic at 10% Extract
UNCOMPROMISED GLOVE QUALITY
The BIO-NIT process does not start until the gloves are disposed into the landfills. Our BIO-NIT technology ensures that the process begins only when the gloves are surrounded by the microbes that are present in a landfill environment.
BIO-NIT® GLOVE SPECIFICATIONS
Tensile Stength (MPa):
Length: ≥ 240mm
Palm: 0.07 ± 0.02mm
Finger: 0.10 ± 0.02mm
BENEFITS OF BIO-NIT GLOVES®
Latest green initiative in helping to contribute to a better environment.
Tested to be biodegradable in a typical landfill condition.
Maintains the same properties and shelf-life as the conventional nitrile gloves.
Tested to be safe for use against skin and food contact.
Tested for use with certain chemotherapy drugs.
Goodpac ™ Technology
helps to prevent uneven glove layering, and a messy packed glove box. It is a smart packing technology where every glove is alternately layered perfectly, allowing you to dispense one glove at a time, as intended.
Benefits of Goodpac™ Technology
- Enables nicely and neatly stacked gloves.
- Saves cost as it prevents glove wastage from multiple dispensing.
- Makes glove dispensing easier.
- Eliminates a bulging and clumsy looking glove box.